Thursday, June 23, 2022

Treatment # 12 Complete. Taxol Is Done.

Yahoo! I completed the first round of my chemo treatment, Taxol. 12 rounds of this shit. Yes, shit. Chemo is no fun. It's bogus. Dumping poison into your body, every week for 12 weeks straight. What a fucking delight.

At some point, I asked my oncologist about the side effects, and found out they are cumulative. Affirmative. They sure fucking have been. I was more tired each week. I had less energy every week, and that is in part why I wasn't keeping my blog up to date. I don't exactly know how to explain it, but something seemingly as simple as taking a shower has been a huge struggle for me. It's like I have to pep talk myself into it. A shower, really? Yes, really. Something that I have done every day without thinking twice about it until chemo. So with that being said, just imagine how monumental everything else in my life is. Dishes. Ya, right. Sweeping. Nope. Cleaning in general. Whatever. 

Don't get me wrong, it's not all horrible and not every day is a cluster fuck. Tuesday have historically throughout this process been my best day. The day after each chemo treatment. Does that seem weird? I would have thought, and I did initially, that I would feel awful right from the beginning, and immediately, but that is not the case even still. I am riding the steroids.........so Tuesday had become my favorite day of the week!

I am stoked that I have finished 12 rounds of chemo, and that Taxol is over, however, I have been warned that the worst is yet to come. Fuck me. I am not looking forward to the next 4 rounds, because that is all I have left, but what can I do? Nothing. Grin and bear it basically. Let's hope it's not as bad because during Taxol, I feel like I was extremely lucky and my side effects, although present, were minimal. 

Oh yes, side effects. So, I did some more reading in the groups I am in for breast cancer, and saw more posts about effective side effect supplements. Tart Cherry. Never heard of it. I bought some and tried them. I am a firm believer that they work. My side effects were even less than they have been to this point, which is great. In addition to that, I have gone to the pool and noticed that on the weeks I was there, I had no side effects, no neuropathy at all! Amazing. Who didn't know this? Me, that's who. And I made sure I shared that in my group, because anyone going through this deserves to know. I don't know if it the cooler water, the sunshine or a combination of both, but it is effective either way.

I have a two week break from chemo now because the doctor wants my white blood cell count up before I start the "Red Devil" chemo. That name in itself makes me skeptical already......







No comments:

Post a Comment

My Final Post, And I Am Closing This Chapter Of My Life

Today is December 18, 2023. 2 years ago to the day, I had the mammogram that would forever change my life. And here I sit, 2 years later, ca...