Sunday, December 17, 2023

If Cancer Had A Face, I Would Punch It..........

Fuck cancer. It's just that simple. I've seen so many people go through this horrible disease, and then went through it myself. I'm over it. So over it.

So what's happened the last two weeks? I had an appointment with my breast surgeon for my one year check up (a bit late, but she's a popular lady), but either way, my one year check up since my double mastectomy. Everything is good, looks good, feels good, etc. Yahoo! I go back for another check in 6 months to see her, but still going to her office every 3 months for my lymphedema check.

I also had an appointment with my oncologist. He checked my levels via blood work. Everything looks good there too, and even better than it has in the past. Yahoo again! He wants me to get another CT scan, as a matter of protocol, and I will do that next week. He did make it known that he does not have any concerns, and this is just a check since my last CT scan was in May (I think?!?). I am not worried myself, but I think, just like last time, it will give me peace of mind.

So lastly, guess what? I got my 3D nipple tattoos done a few days ago. OMG. Wow. Holy Shit. All the things. They just look amazing. So amazing, I am stunned. This tattoo artist, Marie Sena, knows her stuff. She does great work, and now I understand why my PS partnered with her for this final step. My tattoos are healing, and it'll be about a week before they are all completely healed, but already I am more than impressed. My boobs almost look weird to me. Like back to how they used to look with some additional scarring and are perkier than they were, but just as real as they will ever be. Image that. How great that technology has come this far.

I am working on building my strength back up, and in due time, hopefully sooner than later, I will be back at it. Back at all the things I want to do, that I used to do and for all those things that may come my way........I'm excited. What a ride this has been.




No comments:

Post a Comment

My Final Post, And I Am Closing This Chapter Of My Life

Today is December 18, 2023. 2 years ago to the day, I had the mammogram that would forever change my life. And here I sit, 2 years later, ca...