Monday, August 1, 2022

One Week To Go...........Then Chemo Will Be Over

Wow. I can't believe I have come so far, but it's been 6 months and 15 chemo treatments thus far, and with one more treatment to go, chemo is almost behind me. A week from today, I will have my last infusion. How exciting. 

That sounds so fucked up too. I am excited about my last chemo treatment. It is fucked up. Fucked up that I have cancer, fucked up I had to even go though this to begin with really. But I have come a long way throughout this ordeal, and soon I can close the door on this chapter. Wow.

I have still been feeling great, and surprisingly, sleeping a bit less than my usual 12 hours a night sometimes. Some night I only sleep 9-10 hours which is a lot, but that means I also gain more hours in the day to be productive. I love being productive, and that I certainly have been. It feels so great!

My life has seemingly felt so normal, doing things I would normally do. Then reality hits. I pass by a mirror and my bald head (or peach fuzz because I am not truly bald anymore), smacks me in the face. It has been at least 100 every day for the past 3-4 weeks; this is the time I am glad to have little to no hair. LOL. It is just too damn hot, and I am over it.

Despite the lack of hair, I feel great, and that's what matters. All of my body hair appears to be coming back, and I cannot say I am thrilled about that. I am going to have to shave my legs soon. What a bummer. I have enjoyed these months, over the summer, pool weather, to not even have to worry about it. It's been so nice!! 

I am looking forward to the weeks ahead, finishing my chemo treatment, then getting ready for my double mastectomy surgery which is scheduled for 5 weeks from now...........





No comments:

Post a Comment

My Final Post, And I Am Closing This Chapter Of My Life

Today is December 18, 2023. 2 years ago to the day, I had the mammogram that would forever change my life. And here I sit, 2 years later, ca...