Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Chemo Treatment #2 Down

Chemo treatment #2 is done as of Monday, March 14, 2022. Yippee! Glad I have another one under my belt. It's good. Just means I am closer to the end of these. I am looking forward to that but I still have 5.5 months to go which seems like at this rate is honestly taking forever.

I was lucky to have my husband join me for this chemo session, only to find out that I am not supposed to have anyone with me because of COVID guidelines. Last week my bestie was with me (because she was in from out of town), and no one said anything then......so what's different now? Oh, ya, so they let you have a visitor for your very first treatment, but not thereafter. The nurse was cool though and let my husband stay, which was great. She said there are no supervisors here today, so we're good. Awesome. These nurses are saints in general. They really wait and dote on you, but I am not needy.

Things go great, as I anticipated. Just basically a repeat of last week, no pain and no side effects during or after. But those are yet to come, so I am told. Wednesday and Thursday again will be my down days, likely. Ok let's get my shit together then and use my time wisely to get done things I should while I still feel good. And that's what I've done this far.

Me and My Husband, Chemo Treatment #2

What's next? My wig appointment, if you are wondering how that went? Kristy met me there, and I am so glad. I really need and second opinion, and not from a sales lady. My husband has zero interest in this and may not provide the kind of feedback I am looking for. I tried on about 8 different wigs in all. Different styles, length, colors, etc. The color is irrelevant because mine will be custom made anyways. It's fun to try them all on. See how I look with differing styles. Lengths. Colors even. I even tried on a gray/silver one to see what I looked like with it! I don't like how I look in that color. Maybe if I would have had make up on, it would have changed it and made it better, but I am too young to prematurely age myself! Some I was able to rule out immediately. I tell Kristy this is a "hard no", and let's not even bother to take pics. All in all it took me just over an hour to find the right one. It is going to be dark brown (I love how I look in dark hair), with some rust colored highlights. Just funky enough, for a wig anyways. I am happy with that, and I will have it in about 7-10 days. Oh the anticipation! This is going to be fun. I also spontaneously bought a wig online the other day. 😊 I told my husband it'll be like he's getting a new wife everyday possibly!

This is the wig style I chose. NOT the color. I love the cut though!


After not sleeping Sunday night, when I went to bed Monday night, I crashed hard core and was out cold in 2 seconds. Ahhh. Perfect. However, that didn't last all night. Of course not. I did get some much needed sleep though. 💤

And now, on to Tuesday, time for my hair cut, remember? Yep. The element of surprise is near. What kind of hair cut will Salima give me? I get to her shop and she mentions how's she's been thinking about how to cut my hair and she just doesn't know what she wants to do. Great, that makes 2 of us. I just wanted to give her the creative freedom to do what she wants. I did look at some pictures online a few days ago, and have a few things I like. I show her the pics, and she likes what she sees. Yahoo! With this she also comes up with another great idea. She will cut my hair shorter now, as it is going to start thinning this week, then wants me to come back next week for an even shorter cut because I will then aggressively start losing my hair. Perfect. I love it! Let's do this!!!



This is the cut for this week! I love it. 


Stay tuned, because next week there will be an all new me, again! Too bad I can't do this regularly. But fuck the cancer and the chemo, I'm not referring to that shit.


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Final Post, And I Am Closing This Chapter Of My Life

Today is December 18, 2023. 2 years ago to the day, I had the mammogram that would forever change my life. And here I sit, 2 years later, ca...