Sunday, March 20, 2022

It's Been 13 Days and Two Treatments Ago I Started Chemo. So What's New?

Oh yeah! 13 days ago I started chemo, and I am two treatments in, and by tomorrow, I'll be 3 treatments in. Whoopie! I wish I could go through this even faster. Let's just fast pass this bitch and get this shit over with. Too bad it doesn't quite work that way.

Are you wondering what's new and exciting? Ha, nothing. Not a thing. Chemo is not exciting, nor are any of the things that come with it, unfortunately. Too bad, because I wish I had some awesome shit to throw in here about it.

What is important is how I am experiencing this whole thing. When I had my chemo 6 days ago, last Monday, March 14th, I was told that this, my second week, would be much harder than the first. Lie! All lies! My second week, and my side effects were substantially less noticeable that my first week. I am so lucky, I think, considering what I was told about how I would feel. 

The bloating, that shit is real. Real uncomfortable. For the love of god, if I eat a peanut, I am bloated. It fucking sucks. I can't lay down and be comfortable, or sit up, or even just stand there! I look like I am ready to give birth too. How sexy. But in the grand scheme of things, if that is the worst I feel, I will take it, grin and bear it, and just deal with it.

As far as other side effects go, I lost my taste buds on Wednesday again, but by Thursday they were making a come back. Glad that is short lived. I decided to have a Dr. Pepper, and it was so weird, my favorite pop of all time, and it tasted weird, and super flat, although it wasn't. I lose my taste buds and all I have a sense for is texture. Hell, I will just skip eating at that point. One day is going to do anything to this physique. Lol.

What else? Anything? Yep. Just today, my hair started noticeably thinning. Not horribly, but it is more than usual, and this is exactly what I was told to expect. It's all good, I am ready. I got my first wig the other day. I tried it on. It's so different too! It's long and dark brown. Part in the middle. I am going to have fun with it. I am still waiting on the custom one I ordered, but I also went to a wig store the other day, and WOW, there are just so many options. And not just with the wigs themselves, but then the accessories. This is a whole thing I had no idea even existed. I have a lot to learn, and can't wait. Hair is going to be a thing of the past coming up here soon, and won't be back for a while, so time to embrace the change and make it fun!

A special thank you to my dear friend who sent the most incredible care package to me this week. I was shocked!! She is so incredibly thoughtful and I would have never expected anything like it. I love everything that came in it 😁 and cannot wait to put everything to good use. She got me the whole "chemo ready" package I swear! I am so lucky for those I have in my life that are taking this journey with me.



This is the wig I bought that I got the other day. I love it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Final Post, And I Am Closing This Chapter Of My Life

Today is December 18, 2023. 2 years ago to the day, I had the mammogram that would forever change my life. And here I sit, 2 years later, ca...