Monday, March 21, 2022

Round 3. Complete.

My week is starting off a bit interesting. It's Monday, March 21, 2022 and I now officially have 3 round of chemo under my belt. WooHoo! Good stuff. So good, I fell asleep during my treatment today. I have been exhausted and unable to sleep the last few days. A quick 1 hour nap and boy do I feel better. 

My hair is thinning out big time. BIG time. God forbid I touch my head, hair, and then more hair, followed by the trail of hairs I am leaving all over the house. I am getting another hair cut this week, which might actually mean just shaving it off completely, and this too is what my husband suggests I do. A few more days in the current state will determine this.

I forgot to mention another side effect I am having, however, this is 100% controllable, by me, and I fucked up. Whoops. This fucking cancer is just not going to take all the joy out of my life. Fuck that. I am having really bad acid reflux. At first, I thought it was just part of the side effects honestly. It is, however, I am able to make it go away which is great. I was told no spicy food (so boring, I love spicy food), and that I should stay away from dairy, with the exception of probiotics like yogurt. Well I didn't listen. Of course not. If you know me well enough, spicy, yes please! And I 💗 Cheese. I eat spicy food a few times a week, and cheese every day. String cheese, cheese crisps (homemade), shredded cheese, grilled cheese, I mean whatever. 

So what's happening as a result of the spicy food and dairy? When I am asleep, I get the taste of vomit in my throat, after what seemingly is a burp. So Fucking Gross. I wake up and immediately sit straight up, and drink some water. I have tested the theory of no spicy food and/or dairy, and on those days when I sleep, no acid reflux. So what do I do? I already take an acid reflux medication. Now I am taking tums regularly. So I can either continue with this regimen and do what I want (which is most likely), or I can stop what I've been doing and let this fucking cancer take away some more of the things I love. Well Fuck You Cancer, I do what I want! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

My Final Post, And I Am Closing This Chapter Of My Life

Today is December 18, 2023. 2 years ago to the day, I had the mammogram that would forever change my life. And here I sit, 2 years later, ca...