Thursday, March 24, 2022

New Week, New Me

Here I am, back after 3 rounds of chemo, and honestly, feeling better than ever! Wow! Who would have thought that I'd be kicking ass and taking names more than ever? It's happening.

Each week, as the Taxol builds up in my system, the worse the side effects will be, the worse I will feel, etc, etc. I am not responding that way at all. This week I decided I was not going to do my regimen of things so I have no side effects. I decided this week was going to be different and I was going to experience this full on. How can I set a base line to know how I feel if I don't really know how I am feeling because I am taking things to counteract those feelings beforehand?

Listen, no one wants to feel bad, ever. Let's face it. We have all had the flu, a cold, ear infection (which I currently have), upset stomach, nausea, and the list goes on and on. It just sucks. We all know this. So why would I opt to potentially feel bad? I really am not, but I think this will help me to better help myself as time goes on and things progress. I am very in touch with how I normally feel, when something in my body is off, and when I am just out of sorts.

So no aspirin, anti nausea anything, nothing aside from what I receive when I am at chemo. Chemo was now 3 days ago, and as I have been told in the past, Wednesday and Thursday will be the worst days in terms of not feeling well. I am ready to not feel so great and be tired, and fatigue is certainly one of the symptoms I have noticed repeatedly, however, much to my surprise, I feel completely normal. Like literally nothing, nothing aside from the onset of this ear infection feels off. Wow. Just amazing. I am glad and I will take it because there is no guarantee that this kind of luck I am encountering will last. So I will take advantage of it while I can.

As I previously mentioned, my hair started thinning on Sunday. It has gotten progressively worse, and I can just pull hundreds and hundreds of hair strands out at a time. It's so strange to me. This is a whole new experience, much like the rest of this to this point. It is honestly annoying as can be. You know when a woman is getting married and the flower girl throws rose pedals down for her to walk on? If anyone ever wanted hair to walk on, and a deep red nonetheless, that would be my current gig. I shit you not. It is alarming in a sense at how much hair I am losing. 

Time is ticking. I have very limited time left before my hair is totally gone. It's cool. Let me ride out this last wave. So what's next? I got a haircut, yes another haircut with my already seemingly short hair. Salima and I had this planned already and we were ready to rock and roll. I am now the proud fashionista of a mohawk! OMG, I love this style. Who would have ever guessed? This is not something I would have ever thought to do at any point in my life, until now, and shit, it is refreshing. Like super fucking refreshing. My husband is NOT a fan, no surprise there, but tough shit. This is about me. So now I get to parade around with this bad ass haircut (which I may keep even after my hair grows back in next year sometime), and enjoy it while it lasts!





No comments:

Post a Comment

My Final Post, And I Am Closing This Chapter Of My Life

Today is December 18, 2023. 2 years ago to the day, I had the mammogram that would forever change my life. And here I sit, 2 years later, ca...