Thursday, March 31, 2022

Another Week Down. What's Happening Now?

It's another new week into this journey of mine. Are you curious what's going on? Lots. As always.

I started a new cycle with chemo on Monday, March 28, 2022, and was given a new drug on top of the others I have had so far. Added to my regimen was Keytruda. Fingers crossed this one will be good to me too, and lucky me, it really has been for the most part. The biggest and most obvious side effect is being really tired. I don't mean tired, let me take an hour nap. I mean I slept 14 hours the last 2 nights, each night, then took a nap on top of that. Insanity! But if that's what my body needs, then so be it. Who am I to say no? My primary focus is on beating the shit out of this cancer beast.

On top of being tired, my body felt a bit off sync, but nothing too horribly noticeable. Woohoo. I am getting those little bones/nerve pains, but they are so quick and come and go at the snap of a finger, it's really minor. I'll take that, because the more I read from other women going through the same treatment plan with the same drugs and their reactions, I have it easy. I am so fortunate.

Anything else new? Of course there is. As I am sure you know by now, I have been cutting my hair every week, shorter and shorter, and it started thinning out too. It's all part of the treatment and I am prepared for whatever comes next. My hair is important and isn't all at the same time. It'll grow back, and it's just hair, right? Some think I am vain. I don't care what anyone thinks, as I am sure you know by now, but vanity, if I have any, is going out the window. I had my hair cut into a mohawk last week (by far my favorite hair cut to date, and I plan on doing the same once it grows back too), but a lot bolder and way more fun than this time!! 

My 45th birthday was yesterday, March 30th, and I thought it was perfect timing to celebrate me, my birthday and how far I am coming along on this journey, feeling good and taking this bull by the dick! I shaved my head! That's right, I have little sprouts now! My hair continued to thin so bad it just had to go. Are you curious how I feel about it? I am totally fine with it. 100% good, and I will go out in public bald as well. Like who gives a shit. I do have a few wigs, and some caps, and hats, but those will likely be reserved for special occasions or to keep my head from getting sun burned. I look at it like this now. No hair to wash or dry, I won't need hair products at all, I have to spend no time styling, or trying to get it "just right". Nope. I win some time back now :) I won't have hair again until next year, so I am going to enjoy this while I have it, or don't. However you want to look at it.

Here's to another 45 years in the making!


No Hair, don't care!


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Final Post, And I Am Closing This Chapter Of My Life

Today is December 18, 2023. 2 years ago to the day, I had the mammogram that would forever change my life. And here I sit, 2 years later, ca...