Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Every Day I'm Shuffling......

Just kidding, I am not quite there yet. I am not shuffling every day. Yet. I plan to get there sooner than later though. Sing that song and think of me, wondering if that's what I am doing in the days, weeks and months to come 😂 Perhaps that'll come in a future update. The day where I say, every day I'm shuffling......

Today marks 7 weeks since my surgery. Yahoo! Not doing cartwheels yet either, but feel free to ask me sometime, I will be doing those too!

Healing is going well. I am finally sleeping more comfortably, but admittedly so, sleeping on my side. I just couldn't sleep on my back anymore. It was so uncomfortable. I was so uncomfortable and my sleep was so broken, I said fuck this. It's just more natural for me by far. Since I have been able to get comfortable, I am sleeping so much better and I am glad. I slept good in the weeks immediately following my reconstructive surgery no thanks to the pain meds, but those are long gone. 

Would you believe that I still have to pack my belly button every day?  Like holy shit. I thought this would be long over by now, but no such luck. I had to send a picture of my belly button to my PS the other day for them to see how it's healing. I think it's doing great. No longer bleeding every day when I pull the gauze out, woohoo. No more crime scene in my master bath. When I talked to the doctors office about this a week or two ago, they said I will have to do this for a few months following surgery. Christ. Didn't expect that. 

So it's summer time as we all know. It's been over 100 here in Texas every day for I don't know how long to be honest. It's fucking hot. Really hot. Not that I spend a lot of time outside, but even still, when I go out, I think nope, not today satan. Sometimes it feels like what I imagine hell is like. Lol. With the heat, the pool sounds refreshing. I asked my doctor about this, and it seems like this summer will come and go and I will not be getting in the pool. I have to wait until 3 weeks after I am done packing my belly button when it is fully healed to be able to be submerged in water, whether it be swimming or taking a bath. Well shit. That sucks. It is what it is though.

The best news to come about aside from me feeling better every day is my final surgery is currently scheduled for September. Fantastic! I am almost there, less than 2 months away now. Wow! I cannot wait. My doctors are working jointly on me so this will be it. Dang. How awesome. Healing from both won't be bad either from what I'm told which makes me even more enthusiastic. Getting there, slowly.......I am a year and a half into this journey and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! 😚




No comments:

Post a Comment

My Final Post, And I Am Closing This Chapter Of My Life

Today is December 18, 2023. 2 years ago to the day, I had the mammogram that would forever change my life. And here I sit, 2 years later, ca...