Thursday, July 6, 2023

Every Day Things Are Getting Better

Every day things really are getting better. Between the way I feel physically and how I am healing from my surgery, the things in the months to come, my hair growing and growing...........it just keeps getting better.

I went today to meet with my OB oncologist. He is the one who will be removing my ovaries. He sent me for an ultrasound after the last time I was in his office. I got the results of that today. He told me how big each one was and said they look great, are in place, and there are no cysts or anything else. Great, cancer can't even try to attack them. Nope. Fuck you cancer.

I also discussed with him wanting to do my surgery and my next and final surgery with my PS with them working together. Yep. He said that his office has already been in contact with my PS office and they will try and get it scheduled for mid September. How fucking fantastic! I am so glad these doctors are as great as they are, willing to work side by side or whatever you want to call it. That means one and done. Fucking phenomenal!

So today is my one year hair anniversary. What does that mean? It was one year ago today that my hair started growing back. I straightened it today too. Best part is I don't have those whispies or fly aways anymore. My hair is finally long enough that it just lays down. Wow! Cool. It looks weird to me because it is so damn curly all the time, and I haven't straightened it or attempted to in months.

I was finally finished with my antibiotic last night. Yahoo! Those god damn horse pills that tasted horrible are a thing of the past! I am elated. They did their job and took care of the infection I had which is super. Finally back on track. I still have a few (maybe 4?!?) open wounds, and in due time they will heal. I am looking forward to that because once they are healed I can go back to the pool and get some relief in this ridiculously HOT weather. This shit has really been off the charts this year. I've just been chilling in the AC resting anyways, so it's not that it matters much to me.

What else? I was able to have a cocktail today! Nice! I haven't had one since before my surgery. Not that I drink a lot, but sometimes, it's just nice, refreshing, and the adult thing to do. It was one and done for me, for today anyways.

So what was the best part of my day? Going back ot the beginning of talking about my doctors appointment today.........I asked him what my expected recovery time is from this oopherctomyr is. I fully expected 4 weeks; similar to a hysterectomy since they are working in the same area, blah blah. Nope. I couldn't have been more wrong in my thought process. It is one week. WOW! Great news again. Not only that, but he is using the newest robot on my for this procedure (because although it is a surgery, it sure isn't being sold like one), and he will be able to completely avoid the areas where my most recent and invasive surgery was. Well holy shit, sign me up and let's do this!

So I'm grabbing this these cancer titties by the nipple and ripping them off (hey, I am already missing them). It's time for me to get my life back. I cannot wait. All good things coming in the future!

Here's my straight hair. Not bad. In person, it looks like my ends are frosted blonde. Ha. I bet it's the white, the color of what my hair was when it first grew back. For now, I'm leaving it as is!


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Final Post, And I Am Closing This Chapter Of My Life

Today is December 18, 2023. 2 years ago to the day, I had the mammogram that would forever change my life. And here I sit, 2 years later, ca...