Monday, March 27, 2023

Running Late For Another Update

Time is really flying by. I’ve been meaning to update this and the hours and days just go by. There’s never enough time. So many things to do, and some get pushed and pushed and pushed. This is unlike me. I like to be prompt and get shit done. I am not a procrastinator.

I just laid awake all night. And while I lay awake my mind doesn’t stop, I mean, whose does? So it just occurred to me, in just 10 short days from now, I finish chemo!!! Holy shit. After 1 year and 29 days, I’ll be finished with chemo. Fuck ya! I guess I just didn’t realize how close I was. I’m so excited for this door of my journey to be closing. After 25 chemo treatments, adios mother fucker. Time to get ready for the next phase in this walk. 

I went to my oncologist for chemo a week and a half ago. So more fucking not so great news. Not only is my thyroid out of whack where I added another medication to my regimen, but labs showed my liver levels (or whatever the term is for what’s out of range for your liver when it’s normal), is not functioning right. Are you fucking kidding me? I’ve gone through 24 mother fucking chemo treatments and NOW my liver is going to start having issues? Like fuck you. I don’t have time for this shit (just kidding, I totally do. Like WTF else do I do?). I would just prefer not to have to deal with any other parts of my body not functioning where they should be. Haven't I endured enough? Fuck me. I hope this is short lived. Just kind of a bump in the road. 

On the plus side, I dropped 4 pounds. Hell ya! Let’s get this body bikini ready. Lol. It’s going to be a long time before that shit happens. But it will happen! Once I wrap up with chemo and my thyroid gets on track, I should naturally start losing weight. I can’t wait. 

I’m super excited to keep it moving! I’m feeling pretty good these days and it’s such a relief. I am sleeping a lot though still which seems weird?!? But it makes sense. My body is being regularly poisoned, oh ya, that’s why I’m fucking tired. I think back to some of the shit I’ve gone through and I think, fuck those days. I am optimistic things are just going to get better from here, so stay tuned!



 


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Final Post, And I Am Closing This Chapter Of My Life

Today is December 18, 2023. 2 years ago to the day, I had the mammogram that would forever change my life. And here I sit, 2 years later, ca...