Monday, June 19, 2023

Not In The Clear, Just Yet

I finally had my post op visit today with my plastic surgeon. There's good news and not great news.

Let's start with the good news. My wound vac is out! Yahoo! The drains I also had in my breasts are gone too. What a fucking relief. Seriously. I could not wait for those god damn things to come out. They are out and I feel so much better. I still have the one that is coming out of my stomach though, and that one should be coming out next week Monday. Yippee!

So driving is easier, and that's also a plus. I had to drive to go get my prescriptions one day last week and it was more than difficult. Today, I had to drive about 20 miles to go see my plastic surgeon, and the drive home was noticeably easier. Thank god, because almost FML.

So the not so great news. The dressing that I had all over my stomach for my incision and the wound vac that was there, well that's gone. Yeah! But water ended up getting into it and caused a rash. Boo! Could it be worse? Most certainly yes. What my doctor suggested is that I go bottomless the next two days, then back to loose clothing (like the mens pajama pants I have been wearing). Ok cool, I can handle that. He also wants me to take a really good shower, water hitting me front on, whereas before, avoiding contact with the front of my body directly. I get it now. There is no more dressing so now that that factor has been removed, I'm all good. And what else did I learn in all of this when my stomach dressing was removed? I do have a belly button! That was a surprise because the day of surgery he said I wouldn't have one.

My stomach muscles are still sore, and to be expected, I think. He did mention that a few things may happen over the next few days; one being that my flaps on my chest may pop open, which he ensured me if they do, it's normal and fine. I have more than enough tissue in my breasts again. And two, my breasts may get really sore over the next couple days. Weird. I didn't ask why; what I did ask though is why my chest, between my tits and above is so itchy. He said he wasn't sure, could be my nerves and was not concerned. Ok, cool, let's see what happens from here on out.

So I am on the mend, more than I have been before. WooHoo! I hope after a good nights sleep tonight again, I will be feeling even better tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My Final Post, And I Am Closing This Chapter Of My Life

Today is December 18, 2023. 2 years ago to the day, I had the mammogram that would forever change my life. And here I sit, 2 years later, ca...