Friday, June 16, 2023

My Worst Day Yet

Yesterday was my worst day yet since my most recent surgery. Like fuck me, I don't want to do this shit anymore kind of day.

For those that know me, and know me well, anyone could tell you I am not a crier. I rarely cry, ever.  Yesterday was everything that I am not normally. I cried so many times because I was in pain. 

My morning started off with me waking up nauseous. I can't even consider how bad it would hurt to puke. I already feel like my stomach muscles are super tight. I would think if I puked I would feel like my insides were ready to come out.

Then, I sneezed, one time, and it was a hard sneeze. OMG, my stomach muscles took all of the force from that. That was the first thing, and holy shit. Painful.

The next thing are these fucking drain tubes. There is one stitch that hold the tube in place where they come out of my body near my rib cage. They are just sore in general and getting increasingly worse as far as pain goes. To top that off, I was standing near the kitchen sink emptying my drain bulbs, went to walk away and got the one tube caught on the kitchen cabinet handle, stepped away, and far enough where I instantly felt the pull. It hurt so bad I immediately started crying. FML.

It has gotten increasingly harder to shower due to what I feel like is my limited mobility with the drains tubes being so sore. I hadn't taken a pain pill since Monday, but got a refill and took one yesterday afternoon. OMG the relief. I really thought I was over the hump, well on my way in the long road of healing and getting better every day, until yesterday. It is kind of a slap in the face, but now I am back on track, I literally laid around all day yesterday after all those whammies back to back. I think that's what I needed.

First thing Monday morning these drain tubes will be coming out, so only a few more days until these son of a bitches are done. Thank fucking god. So until then, I am going to walk slowly (my arms hanging at my sides when I walk and they sway disturb the tubes, further irritating them), and lay around with my fur babies. It is likely what is best anyways. Not that any other days are fun filled. Ha. I do almost nothing, and that's just what the doctor ordered.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My Final Post, And I Am Closing This Chapter Of My Life

Today is December 18, 2023. 2 years ago to the day, I had the mammogram that would forever change my life. And here I sit, 2 years later, ca...