Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Random Thoughts.....

Do you ever have random thoughts or question you want to ask someone or many others to see what kind of answer you will get? I sure do, all the time. Sometimes I ask and sometimes I don't.

Right now, one of the things I am dealing with is this horrible smell from my wound vac. It is putrid. Probably one of the worst smells ever, because I cannot get away from it.

Something like in this situation makes me want to ask people the following questions....

  •     What's the worst smell you ever smelled?
    • My answer: This wound vac apparatus; prior to this, I'd say a decomposing body (remember I have worked in the funeral industry, so yes, I know what I am talking about)
  •     If you had to give up one of your 5 senses, which would it be and why?
    • My answer: Smell. If not related to any other senses (i.e. taste), then yes. You would never smell rotting food, shit (literally), farts, cigarette smoke, whatever more than unpleasant smells that exist that you've smelled and wish you never would have. This being said, you would never be able to smell fresh babies, flowers or cookies baking in the oven. I am fine with giving up my sense of smell, anytime.

I am in many FB groups related to breast cancer, and posed the question 'My wound vac smells like......?' And here are some of my favorite responses:

  •    Old garbage
  •     A dog who hasn't been bathed in a year
  •     If it smells bad, you should call your doctor (Ya, thanks, Einstein. I already did. It's normal) 

Old garbage is a perfect description. This is Fear Factor type shit, seriously. I am eagerly counting down the days, and as of right now it is 5 days (technically 4.5 days) until I get these fucking drain bulbs out and the the wound vac tube out. I already disconnected the device like I was told. Now to get the rest of it out......






No comments:

Post a Comment

My Final Post, And I Am Closing This Chapter Of My Life

Today is December 18, 2023. 2 years ago to the day, I had the mammogram that would forever change my life. And here I sit, 2 years later, ca...