Tuesday, March 1, 2022

I like Real Boobs and I Cannot Lie

Real boobs. There's nothing like them, and I am dreading the thought of having to get "replacements". I don't want to, but I am also not at the point in my life where I want to look like a teenage boy for the rest of my time on earth either.

It's now Friday, February 25, 2022, and the DFW area here in Texas barely survived The Great Texas Winter Storm II of 2022 that happened yesterday, for all of about 12 minutes. This shut down the entire area, yet again, for the whole day. No one seems to understand that my time, more than ever, is really important right now. But since I am in this waiting period anyways, I guess it doesn't really matter. One day of Snowmageden doesn't change anything for me but having to rearrange my schedule. And that comes with a price all in itself.

I have an appointment with another plastic surgeon (omitting his name purposely) at 12PM. Not horrible, but considering I was working until 430AM, I am normally still asleep at this time. Minor inconvenience, until it wasn't. I literally sat it the waiting room for over and hour and a half before I was called in. Ugh, more fucking waiting. Why? Is your time more valuable than mine? I try to be more patient than usual in this situation given that the office was closed yesterday and the staff is trying to shuffle all the patients that missed their appointment yesterday because of the weather, and I am one of those.

After an almost 2 hour wait, I am literally in with the doctor for less than 5 minutes. 5 fucking minutes, if I was lucky. Despite the fact that he comes highly recommended, I don't think I was granted the time I needed to assess him, his abilities or anything else. This isn't a good start in my opinion. Now he does tell me that he normally sees patients after chemo because my body can change a lot between now and then. So this is unusual that I have come to see him before hand. Ok, I can live with that. I was just going through the check list of what Dr. Anglin told me to do. A plastic surgeon was one of them.

I learned nothing from this appointment except that I sat in a waiting room of what I swear was "The Real Housewives" men and women. Some very vein people. Wow. I wasn't there because I wanted to be there like some of these stuck up bitches. I was there because I needed to be. This was a reminder to embrace what you were given and don't try to change yourself. Let Barbies be plastic.




No comments:

Post a Comment

My Final Post, And I Am Closing This Chapter Of My Life

Today is December 18, 2023. 2 years ago to the day, I had the mammogram that would forever change my life. And here I sit, 2 years later, ca...