Friday, March 4, 2022

It's Sunday Funday!

Sunday Funday, otherwise know as my Saturday as I just got off work and my weekend finally begins. I look forward to this day every week. Who doesn't though? Everyone is anxious for their weekend to start.

Today is going to be an out of the ordinary Sunday for me. I have my hair appointment, finally (it was canceled when the great Texas Winter Storm II hit). I am so excited! I haven't done my hair in ages, and now, while I still have my hair, I am going to do something super fun!

I have my hair appointment at 2PM with Salima Subramanian, owner of Serenity Studio (on FB and Instagram at SerenityStudio17), in Frisco. We have chatted quite a bit and I am very eager to meet her. The fun I anticipate we are going to have together!!

I arrive and we chat for quite a bit. It is amazing to me that we could have so much in common, and as unfortunate as it is, she can relate to what I am going though. She completely gets everything I am talking about, and it's honestly great. I don't even know what I understand at this point.......hardly anything.

We get started. And the wow factor while the dye is "setting". Holy Shit! It's extreme, powerful and vibrant. Just like me. This is going to suit me just perfect. So we sit and chat more while my hair is doing it's thing. I learn so much about her, her life, her family, and I am really in awe. I love that she is so open and honest. It makes it easy to talk to her. Again, another person who I think I was destine to be aligned with. And she tells me her stories, and the reason she wanted to go through this journey with me, and honestly I am touched. People can be amazing.

It's show time. She washes and rinses my hair. I look in the mirror and think, "DAMN". There is no going back now, and I don't want to. I can't wait until it dries, I want to see what this is REALLY going to look like.

She dries it and styles it and OMG, it looks FABULOUS! I think so, and Salima agrees. It's not for everyone, just like me. Lol. She took some amazing pictures too. I'm going to rock this look while I can, and take it for all it's beauty.

So thank you again, Salima. You are awesome, and I appreciate your kindness so very much!





No comments:

Post a Comment

My Final Post, And I Am Closing This Chapter Of My Life

Today is December 18, 2023. 2 years ago to the day, I had the mammogram that would forever change my life. And here I sit, 2 years later, ca...