Friday, March 4, 2022

So Many Things To Do

There are so many things to do to get ready for what's coming. More than I realized. Way more. But it is what it is and here we go.........................let's see what's next. So many appointments, that's for sure.

I have found out a few things I thought were rather interesting. I cannot go to the dentist while going through chemo, nor the gastrologist, or anything else that just seems routine and simple. So guess what? Time to fast track all that shit and shove it onto my already crazy schedule. Ok. I mean, I have all day, everyday to do this shit, right? No, no I fucking don't. But I am determined to make it work.

Monday - Dentist Appointment (just for a cleaning although I had a crown come off, but can't start the work to get that fixed because I don't have enough time before chemo starts and it is not a one appointment kind of visit - Fuck Me!)

Tuesday - Eye Appointment (which I canceled last minute because I didn't sleep all night; and it was a follow up on my visit from a few weeks ago). But I can't cancel any other appointments for the day, which include my full body CT scan, then my Chemo class. It's a full day of information overload once again.

Let's talk about this CT scan. This is again one of those things that I have never done in my life, so I have no idea what to expect. I am not one to get online and research this stuff either. I am always caught by surprise when I am actually going through whatever it is. I mean, I like surprises, but I don't think to this degree I do. But it's a roll of the dice the way I see it. Either I read some bullshit on the internet that may not be at all accurate, or I just go with it and hope for the best. I chose the latter. 

Back to the CT scan. I am greeted with the tech for my scan, who is holding a rather large glass of "surprise" liquid. I have an hour to drink it and he will come back and fetch me then. It is actually not bad at all. Kind of like a watered down lemon lime Gatorade kind of flavor. Easy. I know it could be way worse. I've had previous colonoscopies. An hour goes by, and here he comes to fetch me. We get this room with this donut looking machine. Interesting. Ok. He has me lay on this gurney type thing, sticks a needle in my arm, and tells me to relax. The whole thing is about five minutes long, which by my standards, is phenomenal. Short and sweet, just perfect. We get to a point in the test where he says, "You are going to feel like you are peeing yourself, but I assure you, you are not. Just go with it.". Interesting. Um, thanks for the heads up and letting me know I won't need to worry about being embarrassed when this is over. And that quickly, I am done. Excellent. If you are curious as to the reason behind the CT scan, my doctor ordered it to make sure there was nothing else notable in my body that may be infected with cancer. I debate whether I would actually want to know or not, however, it won't be an option, because if they find something else, they are going to tell me. So now let's just wait. I am not going to think about it. I will deal with it when the time comes. That time will be next week on Monday, when I see my oncologist again.

Back to the waiting room I go, waiting for my class to start. After an hour of waiting, I get up and let them know I've been sitting here and my class time is long past due. Whoops, sorry. We fucked up and let you sit for no good reason. But within a few minutes, I am on my way to another session of information overload. It's all great information, and things I really did need to know. My questions were answered, for now, because you know new ones will come out of nowhere. So what did I learn? I am going to have to take more pills, every day, for starters. Nausea pills, pills to minimize my neuropathy, constipation or diarrea pills, B6 pills, and on and on. I don't even remember it all. During chemo, I will likely be running my hands through ice. And my feet will have cold packs. Great. I am always cold as it is, let's just add to that shit. Ugh. And food will likely taste different. I should avoid sugar. I need to stay hydrated. Really hydrated. Make sure I eat before each chemo session. Each session will last approximately one hour, except every three weeks it will be longer, and my first session will be about 2.5 hours. I won't feel a needle because they will numb the area first. I should wear a shirt that makes my port easily accessible. Ok, thanks for all that, and then some. It is helpful but holy shit!

And that's a wrap, for today, on my cancer crap. So Much Information! Stayed tuned because I am sure there is more information I will be able to share in the matter of no time on the same.




No comments:

Post a Comment

My Final Post, And I Am Closing This Chapter Of My Life

Today is December 18, 2023. 2 years ago to the day, I had the mammogram that would forever change my life. And here I sit, 2 years later, ca...