Saturday, March 5, 2022

Let's Get a Baseline. With Every Beat of my Heart.

Another test? Why yes, of course, but this one is easy. It's Wednesday, February, shit, wait, no, it's March 1. Where the fuck did February go? Apparently I have been so busy I didn't realize we were in a new month. Shit. Maybe I can fast track this whole treatment plan the same way. That would be great.

Time for an echocardiogram. Like WTF is that? Seriously? No idea and I don't look it up. 5 days until I start my chemo treatment. 

During my appointment I find out my doctor ordered this test to get a base line for my heart. Um, why? I don't have heart cancer (I doubt that is even a thing because you would likely die way too fast), but in all that I have learned and continue to do so, it turns out that there is a possible side effect that this could effect your heart. Well Fuck Me. Let's hope I am not that one in a million in this instance.

For those of you that are curious, an echocardiogram is easy, simple and quick. They put a few leads on your chest. Then take an ultrasound of your heart from three different view points. Easy as pie. I really got lucky too, because the tech doing it was great. She was hilarious, and I enjoyed talking to her.

Now all my tests are done pre-treatment. Terrific! I am so tired of being poked and prodded and I don't even know what already. I am over it. I have a few days left until I am in uncharted, unknown territory. I am ready.





No comments:

Post a Comment

My Final Post, And I Am Closing This Chapter Of My Life

Today is December 18, 2023. 2 years ago to the day, I had the mammogram that would forever change my life. And here I sit, 2 years later, ca...