Thursday, March 10, 2022

When I Get That Feeling..............

Oh I didn't mention that every day since I had my mediport put in on February 22, 2022, I haven't felt good? It's so odd, because I have no ailments almost ever, nothing note worthy at least, and here I am with cancer. Like WTF? 

So I haven't been feeling good. I guess if you think about it there really is a war going on inside me, that started before I even knew. So with that I think maybe my body just isn't as strong, or as tough as it used to be. But that's fine, because guess what? After 10 days of just feeling blah, the day has finally come where I feel normal again. WIN! I will take it. I need all the wins I can get quite frankly.

But how long can these 'wins' last? Let's hope like the next 13-18 months or however this is all going to go on. I know it's going to be a while. But here is where my wins just stopped. I had 4 different medications prescribed, and asked for them to be sent to my local pharmacy where I have other medications dispensed. Makes sense, right? I mean who wouldn't want that as a convenience. This way I don't have to sit at wait for my meds to be filled at the oncologists office. Well I was wrong. Why? Because I need to start these medications the day prior to starting chemo, yet my pharmacy is anticipating having them come Monday night. That won't work, obviously. So much for having great plans. I am a planner by nature, yet can't seem to get this shit right. Fucking Great. That's what I need is more shit to do right now.

So now what? It's Thursday. I need to take these meds on Sunday, and the oncologists office is open Monday - Friday. Let's factor in working overnights, so I don't have many 'normal' hours under what standard business hours are. Just FML. But wait. My sister is here to help (so grateful at times like this where she is willing to jump in and help). I called the oncologists office and they filled them there. My sister picked up my meds, and now I can get back on track. Yahoo. Because I just need that right now. 

If my hair wasn't getting ready to fall out, I may very well be pulling it out right now. So much shit. Just so very much.

There is a light at the end of every tunnel, right? I hope so. My week is ending, work and just the week, so what's next? My bestie coming to visit! What? Yep. That's right. She will be here to support me on the hot mess express train I am on. She really is the best. Over 30 years of friendship, and she always has my back. She wants to be here for my first chemo appointment. Thank god! I don't know what to expect, but I am glad to have her by my side. 



J & M






No comments:

Post a Comment

My Final Post, And I Am Closing This Chapter Of My Life

Today is December 18, 2023. 2 years ago to the day, I had the mammogram that would forever change my life. And here I sit, 2 years later, ca...