Friday, February 3, 2023

Holy Shit! Mind Blown!!

Interesting day of sorts, and I felt I should share those few things. Because, why not? It is all part of the journey I am on, and I am here to share.

First things first. I had another chemo infusion today. I was so tired because I have been having a lot of issues falling asleep for some reason. Chemo was uneventful, and I was able to sneak a cat nap in, which was much needed, and I feel will help me push through the rest of my day. Yahoo!

Secondly, I finally received my compression pump. I feel like I have been waiting on this thing forever, especially since it was ordered in December! Wow. I suppose things are taking more time than normal these days, and this is just one of them. I got the tutorial on how it works, and it'll be nice to have this instead of manually massaging my lymphatic system. Score!

Third and final, I think. This is a big one. I will start with, for the betterment of yourself, your family, friends and other loved ones, don't get cancer. Not only does it suck and change your life, flipping it upside down, but it is expensive, makes you feel all kinds of ways, and treatment kind of brings your life to a halt because everything revolves around your treatment. Of course, there is way more to it, but those are the key points. I received a ton of emails saying all these claims had been finalized, so I went to check it out (because I have never received notification about any of my claims before). Yes, there were about 10, and all but one were from January 2023. Jesus, that many already.........shit.

I am going to put some shit into perspective for you.

  • Insurance billed to date (since mammogram on 12.18.2021): $893,550.78
  • Total plan discounts and payments: $878,733.30 (I am not sure why these categories would be marked one in the same because they are two completely different things)
  • My portion to pay: $12,973.77

The figures above include my double mastectomy. That surgery alone billed my insurance company $373,894.22. Like what the fuck is my reconstructive surgery going to cost? It is unreal to think these numbers are legit. but I can assure you, they are very real. I am almost at the $1M already and I am not even close to being done. Yikes! And each chemo infusion bills my insurance for $27,707! With a price tag like that, this shit should give me eternal life, super powers, or fuck, how about a happy ending? LOL (I am kidding about the happy ending). 

In the end, all the costs involved and associated with having cancer is astronomical, yes; however, getting treatment and having surgery, I am cancer free, so that is priceless. 


This is me, today. Wild and crazy hair!!! It has been an interesting week with ice storms. It finally warmed up today but it was cold when I left the house this morning, and I was wearing a beanie. Then it warmed up, and off it came! And so, I just continue to let my hair do it's thing, and not a care in the world about what anyone else thinks about it. I'll do me. As always.


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Final Post, And I Am Closing This Chapter Of My Life

Today is December 18, 2023. 2 years ago to the day, I had the mammogram that would forever change my life. And here I sit, 2 years later, ca...