Tuesday, June 6, 2023

It's That Time!

It's that time. Yes, it is my surgery day. All these months I have waited and now it's here. 

I have talked to many people over this past week. I think the question every single person asked was "Are you ready for your surgery?" Yes, yes I am. I have been ready. I am ready to close this chapter and move on to the next item on my agenda.

I have also done more reading over the last week in a group I'm in that is all about this DIEP flap surgery. All from women who have it scheduled or have gone through it. It really left me even more optimistic than I've been. It is amazing to read these stories, how courageous these women are and what they've also been through, only to have the best attitude and experience come out of it. Wow, just wow! I am hoping I can be so lucky like the woman in the story I read earlier. She literally had her surgery 6 days ago and is already out and about, and said she is moving along great. She even posted a picture and she looks fantastic. I too hope I am that fortunate and feel that good in that short amount of time. 

I am leaving for the hospital in about 20 minutes. I have to be there at the ungodly hour of 530a. Jesus. That's early, but I suppose it doesn't matter. I never slept last night. I am not nervous, anxious or scared. I feel calm and relaxed. I am ready to do this. I figured I am going to be knocked out anyways, so I mine as well enjoy my freedom and move about the way I wanted to tonight. Surgery is in 3.5 short hours. Yippee!

So for now, as they say, see you on the DIEP side!





No comments:

Post a Comment

My Final Post, And I Am Closing This Chapter Of My Life

Today is December 18, 2023. 2 years ago to the day, I had the mammogram that would forever change my life. And here I sit, 2 years later, ca...