Sunday, September 24, 2023

Done......Done and Done!

It's time for me to make note in the record books. I have finally finished my cancer surgeries! WooHoo! The last 2 just took place on September 22, 2023, just 364 days after my first major surgery with my double mastectomy. It's all wrapped up in less than a year. Incredible. Just incredible! I am ecstatic to be done with this part of my journey.

So its been about 48 hours since I got home from the hospital; how am I feeling? Alright. Not horrible and not great. To be expected. Am I sore? Oh yes. I am sore, no hiding that. I move around really good sometimes, and other times, not so much. I have been sleeping pretty good and that in itself is great! I think that'll help me heal faster than anything right now. I have decided to sleep on the couch for several reasons, and it's working out perfect. I can get up and down by myself (my bed is way too high to try to climb into), and I have lots of pillows to support me as I have been having to sleep almost sitting up. It is the most comfortable way believe it or not.

I have a binder around my stomach and a compression bra on. I have not seen what I look like just yet, as it's not time for the unveiling at this point. From the outside and not being able to see the up close details, I think I will look great when it is all said and done. I have some horrible bruising going on right now, but that's the least of my concerns, and I was told that was to be expected.

I am doing work around showers, and so far so good with them too. At least it's temporary and I feel like I can get clean every day, change my clothes and smell decent. Lol. 

My surgeries went well I was told. When I came to out of anesthesia, I was so loopy, so tired and not with the program at all. I could barely keep my eyes open to talk to the recovery nurses. So I feel like I probably missed a lot of what I was told, but I have nothing concerning me at the moment. I had some minor bleeding in my vaginal area as that where my ovaries were removed from. Interesting. I didn't know that's how they were going to come out since the surgery was laparoscopic. I have learned new things with each step I take through this. Good stuff though.

I am beyond happy top have these surgeries over with, to start getting my life back on track to do all the things I want to do, maybe the things I haven't been able to do because of chemo and all that shit, but not anymore. Once I heal from these surgeries, I am going to hit the ground running.




No comments:

Post a Comment

My Final Post, And I Am Closing This Chapter Of My Life

Today is December 18, 2023. 2 years ago to the day, I had the mammogram that would forever change my life. And here I sit, 2 years later, ca...