Friday, September 29, 2023

One Week Post Op Update

I am here for my one week post op update, and it's good! I am having challenges, no doubt, but I see a noticeable difference every day, in positive ways!

Let's talk about sleep. The first few days I was on pain meds, and let me tell you I didn't realize how loopy I was when they released me last Friday until a few days later. LOL. I wasn't apparently making much sense (so I was told). The first 5 days sleeping, pretty easy. Sleeping on my back and elevated, like before. Super sucks but it is par for the course. Every. Single. Time. I hate sleeping on my back.I am glad that this is it and when I am healed I will be sleeping on my stomach once and fore all! I was sleeping on the couch because I found that was the most comfortable spot for me to not only sleep, but then to be able to get myself up. The other night I was sleeping on my side. I naturally will gravitate to this position knowing I can't sleep on my stomach just yet. Last night I slept in the guest room to have the whole bed to myself, and Madison decided to sleep by me which was sweet). I went back to the routine with sleeping with my maternity pillow thinking that would be more comfy for me too. Well. I didn't sleep good and had the hardest time trying to roll over to get comfy laying on my side. Ya. Not good times. This struggle is real, all over again and I am not digging it.

On another note, every day I can move better. Sitting up is by far the hardest thing for me to do. I do the best I can, and I am sure if there was a camera on me, we would all be laughing at how stupid I look. Listen, I am fine with that. Whatever I have to do to sit up is what I do. I can wait until my stomach muscles are stronger. It really is the pits trying to deal with that bullshit.

I have been wearing a compression bra and a binder. Today is my last day! Hooray. I dont' know if I will miss them or not to be honest. Showering is getting noticeably easier every day to. Bending over is a challenge, and although I am slow moving, I feel like I can bend better every day. I only do it when I have to though. I have been laying around all week not doing shit, sleeping 12-14 hours a night, and I think it's all for the betterment of myself on this final healing journey.

Let's talk about what my body looks like. OMFuckingG! I have bruises the size of cantaloupes in a few places on my body. Christ. I have some near my boobs too. They are big and nasty and are going to take a long long time to heal. How long? I don't know, but now that we are in fall and pool season is over, who cares. I have until next summer to give a fuck. Everything in due time. I am still swollen too so I can wait to see as the time goes on and I shrink, what the final outcome will be. I am super optimistic, I'll expect to be completely happy at the end of the recovery road.

The next thing for me to consider is if I want to do 3D nipple tattoos (if you've never seen a 3D nipple tattoos, seriously google it, this shit is amazing)! I have not yet decided and I have time to think about it as my PS wants me to wait 3 months to give my new incisions time to heal. So while I ponder that...............I'll be back when I am back with more good stuff!




No comments:

Post a Comment

My Final Post, And I Am Closing This Chapter Of My Life

Today is December 18, 2023. 2 years ago to the day, I had the mammogram that would forever change my life. And here I sit, 2 years later, ca...