Tuesday, September 12, 2023

It's Almost That Time

It's almost that time, time for the last of my cancer surgeries! WooHoo! 10 days to go........pre op appts have been completed, so now it's just time to sit tight and wait....

I had my pre op appt with my PS and he went over all the areas he is going to "fix". Honestly from what he told me, I cannot wait to see what the final finished product that will be my new body, turns out to be! It all sounds great!! He assured me this will have the lowest amount of healing time (yeah!) and also the easiest. Fucking A! Save the best for last! He said I have two weeks of healing time and that's it, Wow!! After the two week period I can resume all normal activities. After all the shit I have been through over the last year and a half, the best is ye tot come, I mean, aside from being cancer free!! So do you want to know what he is going to do? I have "dog ears" on my right breast that he will remove, along with one near each hip where my drains were. He will also revise the scars on my flaps on my breasts, remove the scar tissue where I had my port, and fix my lower belly. He is not doing a scar revision on my stomach however. It's fine. It'll heal and be colorless in due time. 

I also asked him about my belly button and why I had to pack it all this time and why it closed and what's going to happen with all that. Simple and totally feasible explanation I should have thought of on my own, but didn't. The hole is where my original belly button was. Despite him removing the skin, the belly button was still underneath that skin. Right. Because it was an open wound so to speak, it needed to heal from the inside out in order to avoid an infection. Ah-ha! Yes, makes so much sense. And that's done, so no belly button it is. Now it's really confirmed. Ok, good enough.

I know my oophorectomy surgery should take about 15 minutes in total. Insanity. My OBGYN is using a new robot that he said is perfect for my surgery. Awesome. Then my revision surgery should be about an hour. Nice! I will go home the same day; no nurses will have to take care of me this time. I will have to wear a compression band for a few days and also a compression bra for a few days. Not too shabby.

I also already went to the hospital and had my pre op crap all done too, so now I am playing the waiting game. Only 10 more days to go..........then adios mother fucking cancer bullshit! I can't wait!



No comments:

Post a Comment

My Final Post, And I Am Closing This Chapter Of My Life

Today is December 18, 2023. 2 years ago to the day, I had the mammogram that would forever change my life. And here I sit, 2 years later, ca...