Tuesday, September 5, 2023

I'm Late............So Sorry, I Am Here

Well fuck me, time is getting away from me lately. Better late than never and here I am for an update. What's going on? Hmmmmm.........stuff and things. Lol. Nothing major to report, fortunately.

I met with my oncologist today. My blood work results didn't come in in time for my office visit, so I am waiting on a call from them. Hopefully no news is good news, and therefore I won't get a phone call. I haven't noticed any substantial changes, so I am guessing everything is still in line. Fingers crossed. 🤞

I have noticed something new, a few weeks ago and wanted to talk about it, and then kept waiting and waiting.....ugh. Her I finally am. When I did my last surgery almost 3 months ago, there was tissue and skin from my stomach that were added to my breasts. For the longest time, I didn't notice the stretch marks within the flaps in my breasts, then one day I looked in the mirror, as I had several times in the past, and bam, noticed them, how funny I thought that all this time I didn't see that, and now I'm noticing it. Granted there's been a lot of changes to my body over the last year and a half, but still, you think I would see that. Then this.......because the skin was taken from my lower stomach, not only are there stretch marks on that skin, but also peach fuzz! Like WTF?!? So funny to me, again, a delay in noticing the peach fuzz of hair that is in the middle of both my breasts! I know it won't be there long term or to stay........with the flaps being removed with the next surgery, that means the stretch marks and peach fuzz go too! Nice!! 😊

An update on my belly button, not belly button. What? WTF does that mean? So I was packing this mother fucker every day for 2.5 months, getting gauze shoved in what I thought was my new belly button, which my PS created for me. I think I was wrong. I stuffed it for as long as I could and it appeared to be closing up, smaller and smaller and tighter and tighter. I called my PS office. Yep, I was told it will close, when it heals from the inside out. Well fuck me. I thought I had............ya, apparently nothing. Ha. I have my pre-op appointment coming up later this week, so I will find out more then.

So what's next? My final two surgeries are approaching. 17 more days to go and all my surgeries and this breast cancer journey is one more step to being finalized! I am eagerly awaiting the day to get here, so I can get on the path to final healing and recovery, and get back to "normal". Why did I say "normal" like that? Because I have been reading. I recently learned that I will never go back to what was my normal and I will have a new normal. Apparently your body never actually fully recovers from chemo treatment. Well What the FUCK? Here I am thinking all things will slowly return to what they once were, or not. Apparently not is the answer. Mind you, I have noticeable side effects to this day, but I figured give the chemo a good long time to get out of my system, right? Nope. Wrong. The average person has their blood work return to what it should be about 9 months after the last chemo dose. I have already beat the stats on that as my blood work is and has been stable. Awesome since I am only 5.5 months out from my last chemo treatment.

So what does my new normal look like? I don't know yet, but I hope it means I get back to doing all the things and more that I enjoy. Traveling, baking, spending time with Graham Cracker, to name a few. Then new things I want to do.......roller skating (trying that out a little already), learning to play the violin, skate dancing, and most importantly flor my overall health is getting in shape by taking bungee aerobics and trampoline aerobics. They sound like fun!

I can't wait to get my life back on the right track and try new things. At 46, I am planning on starting to live my best life ever!


My hair is still growing..........so much so that I have started shedding it again!
I 💕 my pigtails!


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Final Post, And I Am Closing This Chapter Of My Life

Today is December 18, 2023. 2 years ago to the day, I had the mammogram that would forever change my life. And here I sit, 2 years later, ca...