Friday, March 11, 2022

Say Cheese!

Let's talk about the photo shoots. I have now done two of them, thanks to Brandi of Live Beautifully photography (livebeautifullyphotography.com) and Live Beautifully Photography on FB. She is the absolute best. For the first photo shoot we were at Little Elm Beach, not far from my home. This time, we are at my home. I am ready to take some topless photos, because soon enough, there will be noticeable changes to my body. Changes I am honestly not looking forward to, and no one other than my husband will physically see, however, I want to capture all of it.

I am extraordinarily calm. There really was no reason to feel otherwise, however, I am having photos taken of me, exposing myself and being potentially venerable, but guess who is still here? My bestie. She's here to support me, in the background, and doing puppy patrol because my dogs are so curious right now.

The photo shoot goes well. It seems easy for me, but then again, I am just standing there, posing as I am told, and I am excited about these photos. I wouldn't take photos like this if there wasn't so much meaning, but in a sense I feel so liberated, and it feels good. I need to feel good right now.

So how did these photos turn out? Great, they are just fabulous. I mean I wish I was thinner, but whatever. This is me. And we are all more self critical than anyone else would be. I just have to accept that right now, this is my current state. And I will have so many memories to look back on in due time, and I doubt that'll even be a factor.

So thank you again Brandi! I couldn't do this without you!!


Pros and Cons Cont'd......

Pros

  •     I get to have fun with my hair, while I still have it, and get to do things I normally wouldn't
  •     I won't have to shave, not my legs, not my underarms, won't have to worry about shaping my eyebrows. Score!
  •     I get to wear wigs and I am going to have fun with this for sure
  •     I already love wearing hats, and now I will wear them more frequently!
  •     I may lose weight  :)
  •     Naps. I Love Naps.

Cons

  •     I'll likely be really sick
  •     I'm going to be tired, a lot
  •     I will have to have someone take me to my chemo appointments every week because I cannot take myself
  •     I will temporarily lose some of my fierce independence








No comments:

Post a Comment

My Final Post, And I Am Closing This Chapter Of My Life

Today is December 18, 2023. 2 years ago to the day, I had the mammogram that would forever change my life. And here I sit, 2 years later, ca...