Friday, March 11, 2022

Side Effects. I Heard About Them. Now I Have Them.

Fuck side effects. Every fucking commercial has a list of side effects that are longer than reading Peace and War. Seriously you can't curb that shit in this day and age? Make it better? Again, it is what it is I suppose.

So what are my side effects? What am I experiencing? How do I feel?

It's been 3 days since my first chemo treatment. I was told days 2 and 3 would be the worst for me this week. Of course I was hoping to skate by, and bypass them. Seriously. I have ben drinking ginger tea every day and have other anti [insert the side effect here] regimens to try and just stay feeling good. I thought it was working, and I think it was.

I am so tired. So very tired. I slept 11 hours, and within a few hours I am ready to go back to bed, but I can't because I have to work. I nap during my lunch period. Good. It's nice I work from home and have that option. What else? I am super bloated. I don't even have to eat, I just naturally feel that way. Yuck. It is horrible, but again, could be worse. I try taking something to counteract that, but it barely works. So now I walk around looking pregnant as a result of this shit. My taste buds are off, and hopefully this is a single solitary event. Things I love are just blah. Fine, I just won't eat much. That works. I don't want to feel any more bloated than I do already. But the thing I find most odd is how my body feels. I am very in touch when something feels off, but this is like nothing I have ever experienced before, and I don't even know if I can describe it and put it into words. My body, especially my legs and hands feel like the muscles are sore, which doesn't make sense. I walk slower as a result. I type slower as a result. I just move slower in general. It is time I nip this shit in the ass because I don't have time for this bullshit. Not at all.

My side effects in my opinion, really aren't that bad. I know they could be worse, by far way worse. I am remaining optimistic and know I will get through this, regardless of these fucking side effects. And thanks to me bestie who got me a cancer shirt that says "Fight Like A Girl", because I am here to kick ass and take names. Fuck you cancer.





No comments:

Post a Comment

My Final Post, And I Am Closing This Chapter Of My Life

Today is December 18, 2023. 2 years ago to the day, I had the mammogram that would forever change my life. And here I sit, 2 years later, ca...