Sunday, February 26, 2023

What Is Going On Now?

It's been about 2 weeks since my last post. I haven't had much to say to this point in the last few weeks, but now, now, I have some things to say, after a crazy, busy and hectic week full of appointments.

I had chemo this past Friday; I only have two treatments to go 🤞 I hope with that being said, my treatment plan doesn't change. My numbers were out of whack this time and last in regard to my thyroid, so now I am on yet another new medication. Christ, another fucking medication. This one should be short term though so that's a plus. The issue with my thyroid may be causing many other issues, since it seems that that runs your body, to a point. So let's see what happens.

I have completed my physical therapy as well. That wrapped up the other day. Was I ready to be discharged? I think so, but either way, I maxed out my insurance benefit, so regardless if I was ready or not, it's too fucking bad, because I had no choice but to be done. I have regained my strength and have home exercises I can continue to do, so I think overall I am in good shape, and certainly way better than when I started PT. The weather has also been so great, so I have been walking my dogs everyday for about the past week and a half with the exception of one, due to the weather. They enjoy it, and it's good for them and good for me too!

I had a follow up visit with the orthopedic doctor this past week as well. Time to check in on my hand situation, my brace, all that good shit. So what happened? I still have neuropathy, no surprise there given that its ben going on for almost 2 months now. He thinks I do have carpal tunnel and is sending me for an EMG to find out more. With his suspicions, he has given me 3 options. Option 1: Occupational therapy, which won't work because my insurance benefit is maxed out. Option 2: A steroid shot. Nope, not approved by my oncologist. I asked the other day when I was there. Option 3: Surgery. I immediately said no thanks, because I already have enough surgeries scheduled for this year. He also mentioned the brace is doing me some good for what they have been treating me for which was tendonitis, but it also hinders other things. So I can't win in this situation I guess. I will take it one day at a time and go from there.

Let it grow, let it grow...........my hair that is. It is growing like a god damn weed. I am not complaining, so dont misunderstand that. It is in such an awkward stage though, so I have wings all the time. Ha. Today I went out to walk the dogs, with my hair just doing it's thing. I thought about it for a quick minute, and then thought, who gives a fuck? If anything, I can only hope it'll make people not want to talk to me. Perfect. Let me just get to my shit, walk my dogs and mind my own business. I am not antisocial, but some days, I just don't want to be chatty.

Let's see what's in store for me next. Who knows, but I am optimistic it'll all be good stuff! So until then, stay awesome!

My hair....I love it! But the rest of it wants to be all weird. Whatever. I am not shaving the sides because then it'll never grow, so, ya, no.
Photo taken 02.22.2023



No comments:

Post a Comment

My Final Post, And I Am Closing This Chapter Of My Life

Today is December 18, 2023. 2 years ago to the day, I had the mammogram that would forever change my life. And here I sit, 2 years later, ca...