Sunday, February 27, 2022

Forgot about the Pros and Cons

What happened to that last post? I forgot about the Pros and Cons, the very header that started that blog. I am calling this as of current day, 'Cancer Brain'. Things that seems so simple yet you forget them.

Back to what I was saying before I forget again..........

Pros and Cons. Three simple words. In all of this, this diagnosis and everything going on surrounding it, I decide not only am I going to have photos of this entire process and a scrapbook, but I am also going to highlight what I deem to be the 'Pros and Cons' of this entire process. Those things that will come to me on a whim.

I have my list started, and it is short at the moment. As more things come to mind, I will randomly add them to the bottom of my blog. Enjoy!


Pros

  •     I get to have fun with my hair, while I still have it, and get to do things I normally wouldn't
  •     I won't have to shave, not my legs, not my underarms, won't have to worry about shaping my eyebrows. Score!
  •     I get to wear wigs and I am going to have fun with this for sure
  •     I already love wearing hats, and now I will wear them more frequently!
Cons
  •     I'll likely be really sick
  •     I'm going to be tired, a lot
  •     I will have to have someone take me to my chemo appointments every week because I cannot take myself
  •     I will temporarily lose some of my fierce independence


I am at 50/50 right now. I mean that's not too bad, right? I will remain optimistic.





No comments:

Post a Comment

My Final Post, And I Am Closing This Chapter Of My Life

Today is December 18, 2023. 2 years ago to the day, I had the mammogram that would forever change my life. And here I sit, 2 years later, ca...